CHO says measles vaccine is safe — unlike Dengvaxia
The Davao City Health Office (CHO) has reiterated its assurance that the vaccine being given to children to prevent the spread of measles virus is safe.
The office has been conducting massive immunization as it declared a measles outbreak in Davao City.
Over 13,000 children had already been given the vaccine following reports that 224 people were infected by the measles virus.
Dr. Josephine Villafuerte, the CHO chief, said there is nothing to worry about measles vaccine being used under the Outbreak Response Immunization (ORI).
“Unlike the controversial Dengvaxia, the vaccine that we are using has been long tested to be safe and effective,” she said.
She urged parents to have their children vaccinated.
Since November to January 23, the CHO has recorded a total of 224 suspected measles cases and had since conducted massive immunization of children, aged five months to five years old. CIO